Complete creation views
|Assignee:||Thomas Mielke||% Done:|
|Category:||-||Estimated time:||5.00 h|
|Target version:||Repertoire 1) Testing phase I||Spent time:||7.75 h|
We have two object creation processes, which need to enable the user to create objects of others, see Specification.
Especially for the creation of Creations the corresponding GUI/Form is quite complex:
- Our database has to be queried
- Future feature: additional dabases should be queried (e.g. musicbrainz)
- Additional information should be provided for disambiguation (e.g. artists with the same name)
- If no match was found, a new object should be specified (artist: name, email; creation: name, artist)
- Unclaimed objects created by a web user should be editable afterwards
We split the specification of relationships to other objects into several forms.
- Group members can only be added after the Artist was created (e.g. an "add" icon on the artist details page)
- Contributors and originals/derivatives can only be added after the Creation was created (e.g. an "add" icon on the creation details page)
- This would break down the complexity
- This would be more error-prone as the user is not stictly guided anymore (could be countered e.g. by notes or big icons on the object details page).
- The form for database queries would still need to be hand crafted, although we have more degrees of freedom (e.g. to change the whole form, if there's no match).
- We omit the database queires in the beginning (like in option 1) to save time (~20h)
Later development: We provide a complete hand crafted form.
- The main object creation form
- A dropdown list for database queries with autotype selection
- More information on mouseover (ajax calls)
- An "add" icon in the dropdown, if no match was found
- A layover with the form for foreign objects on "add"
- Creation of the foreign object after submission (ajax call)
- Refresh of the dropdown list and autoselect the new object (ajax call)
added 'assign to creation' button to Uploads form, added url argument handling of content uuid to Add Creation form, adapted the Add Creation form to the massivly changed data model (#387)