Errors in import of gvl codes
|Assignee:||Alexander Blum||% Done:|
|Target version:||Repertoire 4) Production phase I|
- the import code is generated,
- the source of label code data is equivalent to that of https://labelcode.gvl.de/ ,
- the name in our import is the "short name" in the data source,
there are two types of errors in the script:
- single quotes in the name must be escaped or double quotes must be used for the name parameter
- where there's no short name in the data source (6 occurances), the long name must be used
For now, I corrected those errors in scenario master data manually.
#3 Updated by Thomas Mielke over 3 years ago
- Assignee changed from Thomas Mielke to Alexander Blum
Thanks for escaping the characters.
I noticed that in the rare cases, where the are distinct short and long versions of label names, these are separated by '/'. I think there is no reason to honor the two official name versions in our database.
The list was grabbed from https://rateyourmusic.com. As far as I know, no bulk downloads of the official gvl database are possible, only single queries.
Because labels are being shut down and new labels are born, the list is under constand flux. In the future we have to think about speaking with the GVL about an API to update the list, but to get started, this list will suffice.